In 2010 the Idaho Department of Labor took over the management of the Industrial Administration Building at 3rd and Main in Boise from the Department of Administration. As part of the transfer the building needed to undergo an extensive upgrade to the existing building systems. Hutchison Smith Architects helped initiate this process by performing an existing facilities analysis and preparing a report with recommendations and a master plan. HSA has subsequently designed and overseen construction of several steps in the ongoing renovation of this building. The upgrades have included new fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems, replacement of the building’s two elevators, remodeling of office space on all five floors of the building, replacement of HVAC controls upgrades to the geothermal heating system, and the most recent window replacement project to replace the existing single pane windows with new insulated, low-e solar control windows. HSA has been instrumental in helping the Department of Labor achieve it’s long-term objectives for energy efficiency, life safety, functionality and lower maintenance for their Administration Building
HSA has assisted the Department of Labor with multiple projects across the state including:
- $ 1.4 million Renovation and Infrastructure Upgrade of the 105,000 s.f. Industrial Administration Building in Boise.
- Elevator and Fire Alarm Replacement at the IAB
- HVAC Upgrades.
- Window replacement.
- New 14,6000 s.f. office in Idaho Falls.
- Human Rights Commission Office Remodel
- New 14,600 s.f. office in Idaho Falls
- Office remodel in Mountain Home.
- Interior and Exterior Remodel at the Mini-Cassia office in Burley.